Moulin du Calanquet
Nestled in the heart of the Alpilles regional park and settled on the family farm for 5 generations, Anne and Gilles Brun, brother and sister, have relaunched the olive growing activity in Saint-Rémy de Provence and now own 20,000 olive trees in the only 5 traditional varieties of the Alpilles:
Grossane, Salonenque, Verdale des Bouches du Rhône, Aglandau and Picholine.
At Moulin du Calanquet, we produce pure and natural extra virgin olive oil , cold-pressed, with a very strong fruity green taste.
Our specificity is to offer 5 monovarietal oils but also a blend of the 5 varieties regularly awarded Gold medals at competitions.
We also manufacture a wide range of gourmet products made with natural and quality raw materials: olivades, table olives, crackers, ratatouille, jams…
As producers wishing to share our values, we open our doors to the public for visits and tastings that are certified Tourism Quality and recognized by guides such as Le Routard, Le Petit Futé, Loneny Planet.
Our ambition is to share the passion for olives that drives our entire team.
During our visits, you will understand our motivation, the family history linked to the olive tree but also and especially its cultivation, its legend and the production ofthis green gold.
Our tour offer
Guided tours and tastings free of charge and without appointment for individuals
Explanation of the manufacturing process for the Saint-Rémy-de-Provence extra virgin olive oil
Taste the following:
– 5 monovarietal oils (Grossane, Salonenque, Verdale, Aglandau, Picholine)
– 1 blend of the 5 traditional varieties
– Table olives, spreads, jam, honey, mustard..
Video in French, English, German and Japanese on demand
• Numbers of visitors : group visits for up to 100 people on reservation
• Prices : Free
• Booking : Booking is essential for group tours
• Visit takes : Approximately 45 minutes
• Car parking : Parking for cars / bicycles / buses
• Languages spoken : French-English
• Disabled access : Disabled handicapes
• Restroom : WC for Men/Women
• Catering : Catering in Saint-Rémy-de Provence (5 min)
From the end of March to mid-October: 7 days/week (Monday to Sunday) from 9:00-12:30 and 14:00-19:00 for the rest of the year: 6 days / week (Monday to Saturday) from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:30