The Castelain chocolate, the chocolate which makes you feel good !
CHOCOLATE, WINE SHOP AND DELICATESSEN
Located among the vineyard of Châteauneuf du Pape since 20 years yet, the Castelain chocolate shop is the unmissable place of greed!
Its top of range products are made with pure cocoa butter. They received the “Chocolates of France” label. A part of the production is certified by ECOCERT in organic farming. All the products are made in Vaucluse. From half kg big chocolate bars to the 5g little chocolates for coffee, covered almonds or traditional chocolates, there is more than 400 references created for you!
Come and visit us in Châteauneuf du Pape, Althen-des-Paluds and Coustellet.
Let yourself be tempted by our specialties:
– The “Palet des Papes”, a fine ganache with brandy of Châteauneuf du Pape covered with dark chocolate;
– The “Bouchon”, the same chocolate shaped like a cork in a bottle;
– The “Picholine”, an almond covered with dark and white chocolate;
– The “Galet du vignoble”, an almond covered with dark and milk chocolate.
Then, a wide range of chocolate bars, praline and ganache with original flavours…
Our tour offer
– Visit of the chocolate workshop.
– Free video translated in 5 languages. A part explains the first steps of the transformation of the cocoa beans in the producer countries. Another focuses on the chocolate transformation on our production site.
– Chocolate workshop for all levels or privatized workshop on reservation. Pedagogical workshop for children (moulding, decoration…).
– Specific activities for companies.
Around wine AND chocolate…
– Wine and chocolate pairing on booking:
3 options from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
– Wine tasting introduction.
– Discovery of Vallée du Rhône and Châteauneuf du Pape’s wines.
– Fun sensory workshop.
And for fun…
The chocolate bar with its famous hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, macaroons, handmade ice creams, fruit juice…
• Numbers of visitors : Max 150 pax.
• Prices : 4,50€ /pax. Free for children under 12
• Booking : No reservation required
• Visit takes : about 45 min
• Car parking : Free Large parking lot for cars and buses easy to access
• Languages spoken : French, English, Spanish, German
• Disabled access : Handicapped accessible
• Restroom : Toilets
• Catering : Nearby catering facilities
Open everyday January and February 9am to 12:00 and 2:00 to 6pm Closed on Sundays Open everyday from March to December 9am to 12:00 and 2:00 to 7pm Closed on Sundays Open on public holidays except on the 01/01, 25/12 and 01/05. 3 Sundays open before Easter and Christmas.